The 500 MicPre two is a Mic / Line Preamp module.
It has a huge gain range from -10 dB to 60 dB.
The separate Hi-Z input on the front panel allows you to directly plug-in a guitar or keyboard, and / or use this unit as a DI-box.
Phantom Power and Phase Reverse switch are pretty standard on most Preamps, but this unit also has a 80 Hz hi-pass filter.
* Mic / Line Preamp modules
* Discrete transistor front end
* Balanced input and output
* Gain Range from -10 dB to 60 dB
* Separate Hi-Z input (on front panel) with gain control
* 80 Hz switchable hi-pass filter
* Phantom Power switch
* Phase Reverse switch
* Fits any 500-series rack or console
* Designed by Malcolm Toft
* Hand-crafted and hand-wired by Ocean Audio in the UK
Mic input impedance : 1.2K ohms transformer balanced
Hi-Z / Line input impedance : 1M ohm unbalanced
Output Impedance : 600 ohms transformer balanced
Frequency Response : ± 1dB 20Hz to 20kHz
Maximum Output level : >+21dBm
Distortion (mic) : <0.1% at +20dBm 1 kHz
Noise (mic) : >-126dBm E.I.N 20Hz to 20kHz
Power requirements : ± 16V DC 30mA approx.